Extra Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official: Scolari new Chelsea manager

5 posters

Go down

Official: Scolari new Chelsea manager Empty Official: Scolari new Chelsea manager

Post by AFC Boi Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:17 pm

Scolari named as Chelsea manager

Chelsea have named Luiz Felipe Scolari as their new manager in succession to Avram Grant.

Scolari, who is currently in charge of Portugal at Euro 2008, will take over at Stamford Bridge on 1 July.

More to follow.

Heard this during the Switzland v Turkey game!

Suppose it's good news for Chelsea but depends what happens over the summer with players leaving and coming in. Could bring a big reputation to England if he wins the Euro's with Portugal.
AFC Boi
AFC Boi

Number of posts : 108
Favourite Players : Fabregas, Walcott, Adebayor, Van Persie, Armand Traore Clichy, Eduardo, Ronaldo, Quaresma
Supports : Arsenal
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Official: Scolari new Chelsea manager Empty Re: Official: Scolari new Chelsea manager

Post by DeJesus5 Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:19 pm

Yeh I heard it on ITV aswell. He is a good manager but he can't speak basic english nor can he understand it.
DeJesus5
DeJesus5
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 453
Favourite Players : Adu, Benzema, Ronaldo7, Rio, Kaká, Messi
Supports : Benfica & Man Utd
Registration date : 2008-05-18

https://extratime.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Official: Scolari new Chelsea manager Empty Re: Official: Scolari new Chelsea manager

Post by nobby Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:53 am

Good appointment. Very underrated manager, and has done wonders with the Portuguese National Team, even though many of the fans have questioned him.

I see Carvalho staying now, and maybe Deco could be heading to Chelsea Sad
nobby
nobby
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 262
Supports : Man United & Benfica

https://extratime.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bel Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:59 am

He's good but the thing is, loads of fans are gonna be disappointed with him when they see that he isn't purely attacking in his tactics.
Bel
Bel

Number of posts : 163
Favourite Players : Giggs, Scholes, Evra, Rio, Vidic, VDS, Brown, Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo.
Supports : MUFC | Portugal.

Back to top Go down

Post by nobby Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:10 am

Winning trophys > beautiful football.

Playing attractive football is a bonus.

If i was a Chelsea fan, i'd be looking for a man that can win us games, first and for most, something Mourinho was class at. Scolari should bring that mentality back to the wankers.
nobby
nobby
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 262
Supports : Man United & Benfica

https://extratime.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bel Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:29 am

Yeah I know, same, but from what I've seen fans desperately want joga bonito. They'd actually take it over winning from what I've seen.
Bel
Bel

Favourite Players : Giggs, Scholes, Evra, Rio, Vidic, VDS, Brown, Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferreira86 Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:50 am

lol getting a guy to coach a top club who hasn't coached at club level since 2001 and can't speack or understand a word of english. im not sure about this.
Ferreira86
Ferreira86

Number of posts : 208
Favourite Players : Harry Kewell, Paulo jorge, archie thompsom
Supports : Braga, melbourne, newcastle
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Bel Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:35 pm

I find it very unprofessional that they announced this now.. surely theres a reason for it?
Bel
Bel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down