Extra Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bentley wants move away from Blackburn

4 posters

Go down

Bentley wants move away from Blackburn Empty Bentley wants move away from Blackburn

Post by DeJesus5 Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:16 pm

Bentley wants Rovers exit
England international reveals he wants to move on

David Bentley has spelt out his desire to leave Blackburn and play at a higher level.

Bentley has been at Ewood Park since 2005 and has emerged as one of the brightest young talents in England.

He has already broken into the national side but he admits his ambitions can no longer be satisfied at Blackburn.

The 23-year-old has informed Rovers he wants to go and he now hopes to secure a transfer to a club playing in the UEFA Champions League.

"I made it clear to the club what I wanted to do," Bentley told Sky Sports News.

"My situation is I want to move on, I want to be playing Champions League football, I want to be playing in Europe.

"I have been there for three years, I love the club and I love playing for them, but I feel like I've done everything I can and I want to move on and try and push up the ladder and be as successful as I can

"And I believe that lies elsewhere. I want a new challenge and I feel I want to push on somewhere else.

"I hope I have repaid them with the way I have played but I need to be moving on somewhere else.

"We'll see what the summer brings and hopefully in this transfer window something can be sorted out."

Mind made up

Blackburn are currently looking for a replacement for Mark Hughes but Bentley insists his mind was made up before the manager departed for Manchester City.

And he maintains that he will still be keen to leave regardless of who is appointed, as he looks to cement his place in the England team and play regularly in Europe.

Bentley has been linked with a number of clubs including Liverpool and Tottenham but he has refused to be drawn on where he may end up.

He said: "I discussed things with the manager then (Hughes) and the chairman.

"Their situation has changed but mine hasn't. I need to be pushing on and that's what I'll be looking to do.

"I've got ambitions to play for England and I want to be playing in the biggest games I can, and I believe that lies playing somewhere else.

"My decision is not money, it is purely based on football. I just want to be playing at the highest level.

"There are clubs interested but it lies in Blackburn's hands. Managers that come in want to keep their best players but my decision has been made and nobody could persuade me to change my mind."

Bentley to leave Blackburn - Video

Man City is defo an option as they are just about in Europe. On the other hand Benfica should have a pop - atleast enquire about his price whistle
DeJesus5
DeJesus5
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 453
Favourite Players : Adu, Benzema, Ronaldo7, Rio, Kaká, Messi
Supports : Benfica & Man Utd
Registration date : 2008-05-18

https://extratime.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Bentley wants move away from Blackburn Empty Re: Bentley wants move away from Blackburn

Post by Bel Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:26 pm

He's overrated. lol.
Bel
Bel

Number of posts : 163
Favourite Players : Giggs, Scholes, Evra, Rio, Vidic, VDS, Brown, Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo.
Supports : MUFC | Portugal.

Back to top Go down

Bentley wants move away from Blackburn Empty Re: Bentley wants move away from Blackburn

Post by Duzza Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:35 pm

sounds like he wants spurs to come for him to me Laughing he's ok, but he's no david ginola and since he's english you've got to add £10 million on what he's actually worth
Duzza
Duzza

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by DeJesus5 Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:55 pm

I wouldn't say he is overated. I don't know many people who say he is immense and that so he ain't overated. He is good and would be a good addition to many of the clubs in England.
DeJesus5
DeJesus5
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bel Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:18 pm

I hear "Bentley is amazing" a lot actually.. I even hear people say hes better than Santa Cruz, which I definitely don't agree with...
Bel
Bel

Number of posts : 163
Favourite Players : Giggs, Scholes, Evra, Rio, Vidic, VDS, Brown, Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo.
Supports : MUFC | Portugal.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeJesus5 Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:22 pm

I don't hear that but if you do then fair enough..
DeJesus5
DeJesus5
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Jose Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:04 am

I rate him and I think the @rse regret letting him go, I wish he would join west ham but he is looking for european football next season will most likely join liverpoo.
Ricardo Jose
Ricardo Jose

Number of posts : 11
Favourite Players : Ricardo Quaresma, Cristiano Ronaldo, Miguel Veloso, Dean Ashton, Mark Noble & Freddie Sears
Supports : Benfica & West Ham
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down