Extra Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your non-footballing hero

4 posters

Go down

Your non-footballing hero Empty Your non-footballing hero

Post by RT10x Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:42 am

Who is it and why?
RT10x
RT10x

Number of posts : 107
Favourite Players : Stephen McManus & Johan Mjallby
Supports : Celtic
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Your non-footballing hero Empty Re: Your non-footballing hero

Post by Bel Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:08 am

Good thread.

I'd say Audrey Hepburn. I really loved her. And I'm not really into the whole Hollywood thing... but she was special. She was a charismatic actress, with a beautiful face and great style.. she was pretty iconic. I think a lot of girls really like her, but for her style. I on the other hand really appreciate her because she was really into charity. She was heavily involved with Unicef, and really loved kids and did everything she did because she genuinely wanted to help. What I also really loved about her was that she was really insecure, but she had no reason to be.. she's one of the most beautiful women ever seen on film IMO (if not the most beautiful...). She was real.

Lol that's my rant. But yeah, I really think it's Audrey. Not even for her acting, or her looks.. but because she was really into charity, and was apparently a really nice and shy person. She's always really interested me.. I love all her movies too.

Besides her... Angelina Jolie reminds me a lot of her these days, so I really like her too but I would never call her my hero.

Whose yours?
Bel
Bel

Number of posts : 163
Favourite Players : Giggs, Scholes, Evra, Rio, Vidic, VDS, Brown, Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo.
Supports : MUFC | Portugal.
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RT10x Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:30 pm

I dunno how many backs this will get up, 'cause I dunno how many Loyalist/English posters are on the forum, but I'll go with it anyway.

Just before I do, I did not post this topic to get into an argument about this person, so if you don't like it, feel free to say so but I won't be replying to it, don't wanna ruin the thread Smile

But aye, onto the question.

Bobby Sands.
For those who don't know, Bobby was an Irish Republican Prisoner in Long Kesh Prison, Belfast, back in the 70s. Political Status in prisons had been outlawed between Bobby's first and second time in prison. They'd been "on the blanket" for 5 years [Refused to wear prison uniform, and instead wore blankets] when there seemed no other option than to Hunger Strike to the death, for the right to be Political Prisoners.

The first hunger strike was nothing short of a disaster, full of false hopes from the British authorities and men panicking about their comrades on the strike. It was called off with the promise of a settlement. The brits, typically, backtracked and no settlement was made.

Bobby, the OC of the block at the time seen no other alternative than to start another strike, led by himself, knowing fine well that he would die and just hoped that no one would have to follow [as it is, 9 others did].

But to ACCEPT that you're going to die, and do it anyway, for the good of others, shows bravery that I can't even contemplate.
"Greater Love Hath No Man Than To Lay Down His Life For His Friends"
He died for what he believed in, and for the future of his country and his comrades...and I love him for it.
RT10x
RT10x

Number of posts : 107
Favourite Players : Stephen McManus & Johan Mjallby
Supports : Celtic
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Latino_Heat Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:45 am

its a tough one. i'll have to get back on this one later
Latino_Heat
Latino_Heat

Number of posts : 155
Favourite Players : C.Ronaldo, Simao, Moutinho, Nani, Aguero, Coentrao, Ronaldinho, Di Maria
Supports : Portugal NT, SL Benfica, Atletico Madrid, Toronto FC
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferreira86 Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:11 am

brad johnson. the captain of my belovered bulldogs. he grew up going for the club also so to see him play with such passion is amazing and being at his 300th game this year to watch him kick the last 3 goals of the game to give us the win was just simply amazing. such a great guy always up for a chat.

video i made of highlights from his 300th. the end was simply amazing.
Ferreira86
Ferreira86

Number of posts : 208
Favourite Players : Harry Kewell, Paulo jorge, archie thompsom
Supports : Braga, melbourne, newcastle
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: