Extra Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Atletico de Madrid 07/08 post-season News

Go down

Atletico de Madrid 07/08 post-season News Empty Atletico de Madrid 07/08 post-season News

Post by Latino_Heat Tue May 20, 2008 4:24 am

Any news and discussion involving the spanish club of Atlético Madrid goes in here.

Atletico de Madrid 07/08 post-season News 125px-Atletico_Madrid_logo.svg

Last edited by Latino_Heat on Sat May 24, 2008 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Latino_Heat
Latino_Heat

Number of posts : 155
Favourite Players : C.Ronaldo, Simao, Moutinho, Nani, Aguero, Coentrao, Ronaldinho, Di Maria
Supports : Portugal NT, SL Benfica, Atletico Madrid, Toronto FC
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Atletico de Madrid 07/08 post-season News Empty Re: Atletico de Madrid 07/08 post-season News

Post by Latino_Heat Tue May 20, 2008 4:32 am

Sergio 'Kun' Agüero named best Latin American player of the La Liga season

Atletico de Madrid 07/08 post-season News Aguero4lr

Argentine Atlético de Madrid striker Sergio ‘Kun’ Agüero has been proclaimed winner of the eighteenth edition of the EFE Trophy, which awards the best Latin American player of the Spanish La Liga. ‘Kun’ topped the standings of this trophy with ample room to spare, with a total of 242 points in the 36 matches that he played, with an average mark of 6.54 points per game.

The second player chosen was the Brazilian goal-scorer for Sevilla Luis Fabiano, with 186 points in 29 matches, for an average of 6.41 points per match. Third place went to Barcelona’s Argentine striker Lionel Messi, winner of last year’s EFE Trophy, with 178 points in 28 games and an average of 6.35 per match.

Sergio Agüero is the second Atlético de Madrid player to win the EFE Trophy. His fellow countryman Diego Pablo Simeone earned the sixth edition (1995-96 season), specifically the campaign in which Atlético de Madrid won the ‘doblete’ of La Liga and Copa del Rey titles.

This trophy granted by this prestigious new agency has been won by seven Argentineans, five Brazilians and two Uruguayans, amongst whom include Diego Forlán. Panama, Chile and Paraguay (Rommel Fernández, Zamorano and Roberto Acuña) are the other countries which are listed on the honour roll of this award.

‘Kun’ has achieved this trophy in his second year at Atlético de Madrid, that of his confirmation as one of the best forwards in the Spanish League. Alongside teammate Diego Forlán, he’s formed part of Atleti’s best attacking duo in recent years and one of the most feared by opposing teams.

The Atlético ‘10’ appeared very pleased upon receiving this award and said that “I’m very happy. I’m going to keep working to get better and I hope to win more prizes in the future.”

“I’m really happy that they’ve chosen me for the EFE Trophy. I want to thank my teammates because they’ve really helped me to win this award. I hope that I can win it again next year,” he finished up.

----------------------------------------------------

good for him! he deserves it. He's a beast. worship
He owned Barcelona a few months ago in that one game between Atletico and Barcelona.
Latino_Heat
Latino_Heat

Number of posts : 155
Favourite Players : C.Ronaldo, Simao, Moutinho, Nani, Aguero, Coentrao, Ronaldinho, Di Maria
Supports : Portugal NT, SL Benfica, Atletico Madrid, Toronto FC
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down