Extra Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wenger unsure of future

4 posters

Go down

Wenger unsure of future Empty Wenger unsure of future

Post by AFC Boi Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:21 am

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admitted that his future beyond 2011 is uncertain.

Wenger has led The Gunners to three Premier League titles and four FA Cup trophies since he took over at the club in 1996.

However, recent reports in the media speculated that he may succeed close friend Charles Villeneuve as president of Paris St Germain.

It was claimed that the Frenchman will join up with PSG once his contract expires at Emirates Stadium in 2011.

Wenger has played down the rumours, but concedes he is unsure of what the future holds beyond his current deal.

Uncertain

"The owner [of PSG] came to see me to see how we are organised," he said on Sky Sports News.

"He named a guy (Villeneuve) president who is a friend of mind, and if I can help him I will help him.

"I am under contract until 2011; I know I will not go on forever. After 2011, if I manage to get there, I really do not know what I will do."

Wenger also spoke of Avram Grant's sacking at Chelsea, expressing his belief that clubs should demonstrate patience rather than chop and change their managers.

"I don't know why Chelsea made the change, I was surprised," Wenger explained.

Risk

"I feel that Avram Grant did well. Why not stay with him? If John Terry puts the penalty (in the UEFA Champions League final) in Grant is the same manager with the same qualities.

"If it (Grant's future) was decided on the ball going in or out then we will not have good coaches anymore in this game.

"Why? Because we will not have any risk. I believe that for the development of the game, giving time to a manager is very important."

I really can't imagine Arsenal without Arsene Wenger, it just wouldn't feel right. Hopefully he will stay on longer though over 2011. Could mean no more of out beautiful football unless Van basten and Dennis Bergkamp/Tony Adam take charge! Really don't want Arsene to go though Sad
AFC Boi
AFC Boi

Number of posts : 108
Favourite Players : Fabregas, Walcott, Adebayor, Van Persie, Armand Traore Clichy, Eduardo, Ronaldo, Quaresma
Supports : Arsenal
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Wenger unsure of future Empty Re: Wenger unsure of future

Post by DeJesus5 Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:25 am

I beleive that's the same year as Fergue will be leaving his post at United aswell...Sad
DeJesus5
DeJesus5
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 453
Favourite Players : Adu, Benzema, Ronaldo7, Rio, Kaká, Messi
Supports : Benfica & Man Utd
Registration date : 2008-05-18

https://extratime.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AFC Boi Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:30 am

DeJesus5 wrote:I beleive that's the same year as Fergue will be leaving his post at United aswell...Sad

Yeah.. 3 years which will be 2011 Sad

Don't think id ever think id say this but it will be sad seeing Fergie leave aswell. All the rivalry between Wenger and Fergie will soon come to an end. Can stick ya fucking Mourinho's, Grants, Benitez but they wont get anywhere close to the Fergie v Wenger feuds over the years and there both go out with a bang!

Hopefully something can be arranged nearer the time for a Arsenal v United game with both managers in charge for the last time, that would be great to see thumbs up
AFC Boi
AFC Boi

Number of posts : 108
Favourite Players : Fabregas, Walcott, Adebayor, Van Persie, Armand Traore Clichy, Eduardo, Ronaldo, Quaresma
Supports : Arsenal
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by DeJesus5 Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:33 am

Yeh. I'm sure something along those lines will happen.
DeJesus5
DeJesus5
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 453
Favourite Players : Adu, Benzema, Ronaldo7, Rio, Kaká, Messi
Supports : Benfica & Man Utd

https://extratime.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsene Wenger Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:10 am

Arsene=arsenal......it will be said to see him leave but like he said i cant go on forever.....i hope they get a good coach when he leave.....IE tony adams......my favorite player of all time.
Arsene Wenger
Arsene Wenger

Number of posts : 63
Favourite Players : Henry, Fabregas, Ribery, Adebayor, Gallas
Supports : Arsenal, Celtic, Inter, France, CSFC
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by nobby Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:14 am

Tony Adams aint a bad shout, wouldn't mind seeing an Englishman actually coach one of the big 4.
nobby
nobby
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 262
Supports : Man United & Benfica

https://extratime.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content