Extra Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Transfers

+5
AFC Boi
Duzza
Arsene Wenger
Cammy
nobby
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Summer Transfers Empty Summer Transfers

Post by nobby Mon May 19, 2008 8:21 pm

All summer transfer talk to do with Arsenal can be placed here...
nobby
nobby
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 262
Supports : Man United & Benfica
Registration date : 2008-05-18

https://extratime.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfers Empty Re: Summer Transfers

Post by nobby Mon May 19, 2008 8:23 pm

Jens nears Stuttgart switch
Reports claim German will sign one-year contract

Summer Transfers Jenslehmann_628473

Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann is reportedly nearing a switch to Bundesliga side Stuttgart after meeting with club officials on Monday morning.

It is claimed that the 38-year-old held talks before flying to Mallorca with the Germany squad to begin their preparations for Euro 2008.

Lehmann, who joined Arsenal in 2003 from Borussia Dortmund, can leave The Gunners on a free transfer as his contract is set to expire this summer.

Stuttgart general manager Horst Heldt, however, has insisted that the club will not stretch its wage structure in order to seal Lehmann's signature.

"If he wants to earn as much as he did at Arsenal, then we have no chance," Heldt told Bild newspaper.

Stuttgart, who finished sixth in the Bundesliga, are thought to be offering a one-year contract, with an option for a second year.
nobby
nobby
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nobby Thu May 22, 2008 9:34 pm

SkySports wrote:
Nasri reveals Arsenal offer
Agent claims Frenchman is considering Gunners move

Summer Transfers Nasri_550405

Arsenal have made an offer for Marseille's highly-rated playmaker Samir Nasri, according to the player's agent.

The 20-year-old Frenchman only recently signed a long-term deal with Marseille but he has been linked with a move to one of Europe's top clubs for some time.

It was reported earlier this week that Arsenal were closing in on Nasri and agent Jean-Pierre Bernes has now revealed that an offer is being considered.

Bernes has also claimed that other clubs are interested in Nasri, but he admits his client is very tempted by the Gunners.

"We are not in a hurry. It is true that we are examining an offer from Arsenal, which is interesting for Samir Nasri from a sporting point of view," Bernes told southern French newspaper La Provence.

"But I have also received other offers."

Arsene Wenger has been promised funds to spend in the transfer market after Arsenal finished third in the Premier league this season.

Mathieu Flamini has already left to join Milan and Wenger is understood to be keen to bring in a number of new players quickly to strengthen his squad.

Nasri, who has often been likened to Zinedina Zidane, has been included in the France squad for Euro 2008.

Class player.

I think they need a few players with a bit of experience though.
nobby
nobby
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cammy Fri May 23, 2008 12:16 pm

I cant see this one goin thru, Wenger is afriad of spending big in the transfer market as everytime he does the players turn out to b flops, reyes, wiltord, walcott. thats y he searches high and low for unheard of gems that he can scoop up for a few million that way he is classified as a great manager not one who buys rejects, good plan and no doubt he is a good manager but in the transfer market he aint a clue on high profile players, plus i dont think he likes big players and egos, he likes to b the main man, henry was gettin too big of an ego for wenger so he offloaded him, same with lehnman, expect gallas to go soon. its a wonder how he picks his players half the time seeing everythin that happens on the pitch he seems never to see " I Did Not See That Particular Incident"
Cammy
Cammy

Number of posts : 14
Favourite Players : Berbatov, Keane, Gerrard, Kaka, Messi, KLINSMANN
Supports : Tottenham
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsene Wenger Mon May 26, 2008 10:50 am

^thats a tottenham fan for you. thinking they know everything about arsenal futebol.
Arsene Wenger
Arsene Wenger

Number of posts : 63
Favourite Players : Henry, Fabregas, Ribery, Adebayor, Gallas
Supports : Arsenal, Celtic, Inter, France, CSFC
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Duzza Mon May 26, 2008 6:36 pm

its all true tho...

hopefully nasri doesn't go to arsenal, although everytime arsenal spend a lot of money on a player he's a let down, like reyes, so who knows what will happen..
Duzza
Duzza

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsene Wenger Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:04 pm

walcott isnt a let down. He is going to be a beast one day even if he isnt at arsenal. Yeah reyes and wiltord were let downs but I'll take two letdowns to all the great players that arsene has bought for cheap.
Arsene Wenger
Arsene Wenger

Back to top Go down

Post by nobby Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:11 am

SkySports wrote:
Lehmann parting shot at Gunners
Stuttgart-bound goalkeeper admits Arsenal 'anger'

Summer Transfers JensLehmann_844540

Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann has fired a parting shot at the Gunners after admitting his final season frustrations at Emirates Stadium.

Lehmann is set to join Stuttgart for the start of next season after his contract expires with Arsenal.

The German shot-stopper endured a disappointing end to his Arsenal career as he lost his place in Arsene Wenger's first XI to Manuel Almunia.

And Lehmann, who won the Premier League and FA Cup in his five years with the Gunners, has admitted his irritation at being forced to fill the substitutes' bench and at watching his team-mates miss out on silverware last term.

Wenger appeal

"I experienced a lot of disappointment and a kind of anger last season," Lehmann told L'Equipe.

"Being substitute annoys me, as did watching Arsenal waste all of their chances to win the title.

"Arsene Wenger knows I have not been happy with his decisions. But he knows I have learnt from him. I have always felt drawn towards him.

"Arsenal will remain a beautiful experience in my life. Both on a sporting and personal level, I reached the top there."

I hate him, he is a such a mug. He actually think the sun shines out of his ass!
nobby
nobby
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AFC Boi Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:15 am

Ramsey Holds Top Flight Talks

Cardiff City chairman Peter Ridsdale has every confidence that Aaron Ramsey will make the correct decision over his future after the teenager held talks with the managers of Manchester United and Arsenal.

Premier League trio United, The Gunners and Everton have all had bids accepted for the highly-rated 17-year-old.

Ramsey has already held discussions with Red Devils manager Sir Alex Ferguson and Everton officials.

And Ridsdale has confirmed the midfielder flew to Switzerland over the weekend to meet with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger as he looks to decide on where his future lies next season.

Ridsdale said in the News of the World: "I spoke to Aaron on Friday night.

"He told me he'd had a great day at United and was on his way to see Arsene. After that, the final decision is up to the boy.

"Aaron spoke to Sir Alex Ferguson before visiting United. He's a sensible lad and will listen to what Arsene has to say."
AFC Boi
AFC Boi

Number of posts : 108
Favourite Players : Fabregas, Walcott, Adebayor, Van Persie, Armand Traore Clichy, Eduardo, Ronaldo, Quaresma
Supports : Arsenal
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by DeJesus5 Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:20 am

Really hope he joins United. He could be a great player for the future. Hope he makes the right decision.
DeJesus5
DeJesus5
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 453
Favourite Players : Adu, Benzema, Ronaldo7, Rio, Kaká, Messi
Supports : Benfica & Man Utd

https://extratime.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AFC Boi Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:22 am

DeJesus5 wrote:Really hope he joins United. He could be a great player for the future. Hope he makes the right decision.

Difficult choice for the lad at his age and all.. big future ahead of him where ever he ends up!
AFC Boi
AFC Boi

Favourite Players : Fabregas, Walcott, Adebayor, Van Persie, Armand Traore Clichy, Eduardo, Ronaldo, Quaresma

Back to top Go down

Post by DeJesus5 Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:24 am

No doubt. If he joins Utd or Arsenal i'm sure he'll be loaned back out, more so if he joins United because we won't use him much whereas Wenger would probs find space for him somewhere.
DeJesus5
DeJesus5
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AFC Boi Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:29 am

DeJesus5 wrote:No doubt. If he joins Utd or Arsenal i'm sure he'll be loaned back out, more so if he joins United because we won't use him much whereas Wenger would probs find space for him somewhere.

Yeahh i think here be in our reserves until he's that bit older and were loan him out to a championship team, maybe even back to cardiff. Expect him to get the treatment Merida has got here.. if he signs of course Smile
AFC Boi
AFC Boi

Back to top Go down

Post by DeJesus5 Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:31 am

There was so much talk about that Merida kid, how is he doing?
DeJesus5
DeJesus5
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AFC Boi Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:37 am

DeJesus5 wrote:There was so much talk about that Merida kid, how is he doing?

Average. A lot of hype around him! He was doing sooo well for our reserves then he went on loan to Real Socidad this season and hasn't played a lot. Mainly because Chris Coleman got sacked and the new manager wont play him much, but towards the end of the season he was showing potential and started playing more! Shame though.. he looks a very good talent not being used.

I reckon here be out on loan for some part of next season to if he's not going to be in our first team plans that is..
AFC Boi
AFC Boi

Back to top Go down

Post by DeJesus5 Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:39 am

What bout the young porkchop in your u18's i think....Rui Fonte...he any good?
DeJesus5
DeJesus5
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AFC Boi Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:43 am

DeJesus5 wrote:What bout the young porkchop in your u18's i think....Rui Fonte...he any good?

Porkchop Laughing

He's seemed to of fizzled out a little, done well in the reserves but i thought he was going to go out on loan last season but didn't. Getting the odd goal.. just needs to be more consistent really.

Players like Barazite, Jay Simpson, Armand Traore, Sunu, Jay Thomas, Gibbs, Lansbury are the ones who have been pretty consistent and id expect them to get a big run out in our Carling Cup squad next season!
AFC Boi
AFC Boi

Back to top Go down

Post by DeJesus5 Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:44 am

Traore...OH MY!!

He could be immense....Well on FM he is quality!
DeJesus5
DeJesus5
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AFC Boi Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:46 am

DeJesus5 wrote:Traore...OH MY!!

He could be immense....Well on FM he is quality!

Yeah he is class!

He's a lot better as a left winger though! Has a wicked left foot on him and believe it or not he's actually quicker than Walcott over 50m! Could be out on loan next season to Portsmouth which would be great for him i think. Also a good guy to, actually met him before and talk to him on msn a bit Smile
AFC Boi
AFC Boi

Back to top Go down

Post by Duzza Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:48 am

Is Traore the guy who was arrested for trying to sneak a pair of knuckle dusters into white hart lane during the derby the season before last Laughing can't say he's not prepared to fight for his team Laughing
Duzza
Duzza

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by DeJesus5 Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:50 am

You talk to him on msn!! WTF!!

If only i could do that with Freddy Adu Laughing
DeJesus5
DeJesus5
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AFC Boi Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:52 am

Duzza wrote:Is Traore the guy who was arrested for trying to sneak a pair of knuckle dusters into white hart lane during the derby the season before last Laughing can't say he's not prepared to fight for his team Laughing

Yeah thats him.

He started swearing at the police in French aswel but he got caught out because the Tottenham police were also French and they knew what he was saying Laughing

He was also banging Danielle Lloyd while Defoe was going out with her! worship Anyway don't want to go to far off topic lol.
AFC Boi
AFC Boi

Back to top Go down

Post by nobby Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:54 am

HAHAHAHAHA! What a legend! Danielle Llyod would get it aswell. Fair play!
nobby
nobby
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsene Wenger Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:17 am

im starting to like this guy more and more.....afc boi is a bad ass
Arsene Wenger
Arsene Wenger

Back to top Go down

Post by AFC Boi Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:16 am

In-demand teenager Aaron Ramsey has told Cardiff City that he wants to join Arsenal.

Cardiff have accepted £5million bids from Arsenal and Premier League rivals Manchester United and Everton.

The winger has held talks with all three clubs and has now decided upon a move to Emirates Stadium, having flown out to Switzerland to meet Gunners boss Arsene Wenger.

A statement on Cardiff's official website read: "Cardiff City were informed on Friday morning that Aaron Ramsey's preferred destination this summer is at Emirates Stadium with Arsenal.

"We will now continue the dialogue with the Gunners with a view to Aaron's move being completed.

"The move unlike other options, however, does not include a loan back period at Ninian Park for the 2008/09 season."

Reports have claimed that Cardiff boss Dave Jones, and chairman Peter Ridsdale, were keen for Ramsey to join United as the Premier League champions were willing to agree a loan deal for next season.

However, Arsenal have put up the most persuasive argument for Ramsey and will now try to finalise a deal with Cardiff.

The 17-year-old has become one of the hottest properties in British football after a promising second half to last season, which culminated in a substitute's appearance in the FA Cup Final against Portsmouth.

Good news, looks like he prefers our youth facilities over United's then, not sure how much here cost but will be used a bit in our first team next season at times im sure.

Good signing! thumbs up
AFC Boi
AFC Boi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next