Extra Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portsmouth Thread

3 posters

Go down

Portsmouth Thread Empty Portsmouth Thread

Post by nobby Tue May 20, 2008 1:49 am

Portsmouth Thread

Portsmouth Thread 67312

Portsmouth Thread Kitsjz0

Name: Portsmouth
Founded: 1898
Stadium: Fratton Park
Manager: Harry Redknapp
Official Website: www.portsmouthfc.co.uk
League: Premiership

Leading Scorers:

Benjani- 12 Goals
Defoe- 8 Goals
Kanu- 7 Goals
Kranjcar- 5 Goals
Muntari- 5 Goals
Utaka- 5 Goals
Hreidarsson- 3 Goals
Nugent- 3 Goals
Pamarot- 3 Goals
Diarra- 2 Goals
Campbell- 1 Goal
Davis- 1 Goal
Johnson- 1 Goal
Taylor - 1 Goal
(own goals)- 3

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

1. David James
21. Jamie Ashdown

Defenders

2. Linvoy Primus
3. Lucien Aubey
4. Lauren
5. Glen Johnson
7. Hermann Hreidarsson
15. Sylvain Distin
16. Noe Pamarot
23. Sol Campbell

Midfielders

6. Lassana Diarra
8. Papa Bouba Diop
11. Sulley Muntari
18. Arnold Mvuemba
19. Niko Kranjcar
22. Richard Hughes
28. Sean Davis
30. Pedro Mendes

Strkers

9. Milan Baros
10. David Nugent
14. Jermain Defoe
17. John Utaka
27. Nwankwo Kanu

Fratton Park:

Portsmouth Thread 2006-10-01FrattonPark

Opened: 1898
Capacity: 20,688
The stadium currently has four stands, all seated. The pitch runs from east to west. The largest and most modern stand, at the ground's western end, is the Fratton End. Along either side of the pitch are the North and South stands, both of which are two-tiered. At the eastern end is the Milton End, by far the smallest stand. Formerly the only roofless stand in the Premier League, a roof was added for the 2007/08 season. This stand is shared between home and away supporters. The original entrance to the Fratton End is notable for its mock Tudor façade. Since the arrival of new owner Alexandre Gaydamak several renovations have been made to Fratton Park including improved dressing rooms, a roof over the Milton end and a big-screen above the police box between the North Stand and Milton End. Sponsorship has also been cancelled for the North Stand which now features "Fratton Park Portsmouth" and the club crest.

Honours

League:

League Div 1 Champions:
1949, 1950
Premiership Winners:
N/A

Cup:

FA Cup Winners:
1939, 2008
League Cup Winners:
N/A

Europe:

European Cup Winners:
N/A

European Cup-Winners' Cup Winners:
N/A

Super Cup Winners:
N/A
nobby
nobby
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 262
Supports : Man United & Benfica
Registration date : 2008-05-18

https://extratime.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth Thread Empty Re: Portsmouth Thread

Post by nobby Sun May 25, 2008 4:43 pm

SkySports wrote:
Diarra tells Wenger to 'move on'
Former Gunner insists he did not panic

Portsmouth Thread Lassana_Diarra_Portsmouth_January_2008_624567

Portsmouth's Lassana Diarra has hit back at Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger's claims that he 'panicked' over his decision to leave Emirates Stadium.

Diarra joined Pompey in the January transfer window just four months after he signed for The Gunners from Chelsea.

Wenger recently questioned the midfielder's decision to depart Arsenal for the South Coast, insisting he would have eventually given him a run in the first team had he bided his time.

But France international Diarra has blasted his former boss, accusing him of dwelling on the past.

"I really can't understand why Mr Wenger is choosing to make such a fuss over me again," Diarra said in News of the World.

"Why does he not move on? He speaks about me more than when I was there. It's a very strange one."

Carelessness

Diarra also took a swipe at Mathieu Flamini's departure to Milan, adding: "Perhaps to lose one French international midfielder may be regarded as misfortune. To lose two looks like carelessness.

"Do you really think I would leave a side like Chelsea to join Arsenal if certain promises were not made? I did not panic but wanted to play as promised.

"Portsmouth winning the FA Cup has more than justified my decision to make the move from Arsenal back in January."
nobby
nobby
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeJesus5 Sun May 25, 2008 10:17 pm

Diarra has been a big player for Pompey, he is showing real class there and he is very young. The move was so important for him no doubt.
DeJesus5
DeJesus5
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 453
Favourite Players : Adu, Benzema, Ronaldo7, Rio, Kaká, Messi
Supports : Benfica & Man Utd

https://extratime.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth Thread Empty Portsmouth to snatch Dunne

Post by DeJesus5 Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:24 am

clubcall.com wrote:
Pompey to nip in for Dunne

Portsmouth are preparing to usurp Spurs' move for Manchester City's Richard Dunne by nipping in with a £5million offer.

The Republic of Ireland international is a fans' favourite at Eastlands but his departure looks to be imminent due to the current unrest at City with the expected departure of boss Sven Goran Eriksson.

Spurs thought they had a deal all wrapped up but the news that Pompey could nip in and make a late move for the player may also alert Aston Villa, Newcastle, and West Ham who have all expressed interest in Dunne.

Meanwhile City fans will be distraught to see the defender, who has established himself over the past few seasons as one of the most reliable centre-backs in the Premier League, leave the club.
DeJesus5
DeJesus5
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 453
Favourite Players : Adu, Benzema, Ronaldo7, Rio, Kaká, Messi
Supports : Benfica & Man Utd

https://extratime.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Duzza Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:43 am

i never noticied how pompey's badge had such an islamic vibe to it..
Duzza
Duzza

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by nobby Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:26 pm

I know what you mean.

SkySports wrote:
Harry keen on Wright-Phillips
But Pompey boss unsure how much Chelsea would want for winger

Portsmouth Thread Shaun_WrightPhillips_797783

Harry Redknapp admits he would 'love' to take Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips to Portsmouth.

Wright-Phillips is still striving to establish himself as a fixture in the Chelsea side three years after his £21million move from Manchester City.

He recently stated his intention to still be at Stamford Bridge next season and has two years left on his current contract.

Pompey boss Redknapp is unsure of his prospects of agreeing a deal for Wright-Phillips, but would relish the chance to sign a winger of the 26-year-old's calibre.

"I haven't spoke to anyone at Chelsea," Redknapp told The News. "But I like Shaun. He's a terrific talent.

Excellent player

"I wouldn't know how much Chelsea wanted for him, though, if they were going to sell.

"Maybe they would want to wait until a new manager comes in.

"But equally they may not need a new manager to come in before they sell someone. I wouldn't know how Chelsea run their affairs.

"The player may want to wait until a new manager comes in and have a look at things then.

"But maybe he would look at his situation there and think he wanted to leave.

"Of course he's the type of player I would love to have, though. He's an excellent player."

If Harry snaps up SWP, he really is sneakily building a very strong team.
nobby
nobby
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content