Extra Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benfica squad over-haul - Who would you get rid of?

4 posters

Go down

Benfica squad over-haul - Who would you get rid of? Empty Benfica squad over-haul - Who would you get rid of?

Post by Latino_Heat Sat May 31, 2008 1:51 am

So ever since Flores took over as manager, he's gotten straight down to business on our squad. He's stated who he wants/would like to sign, and i had read on Abola that he said he really wants to make our squad alot smaller because its big and it'll only get bigger after the signings he's made/wants to make.

So far I believe the only new faces we'll be welcoming next season so far are:
-Ruben Aurmin
-Coentrao
-Yebda
-Jorge Ribeiro (I dont think we signed him since thats what Rui Costa said, and i dont think we are goin to sign him..but people on another forum continue to say that it says on a few different sources on the internet that we signed Jorge Ribeiro and he'll be announced July 1st)
-Manu (theres talk about we're goin to bring him back, i always liked this guy because he was super fast but im not too sure if thats a good idea.. ohwell, we'll see i guess)

So after Flores stating he wants to get rid of some players to make the squad smaller, who do you think he should get rid of?

For me,

-Bergessio (i dont know where we sent him too but i know that we finally got rid of him)
-Butt (he was sent back to Germany at the beginning of this week)
-Binya (we're loaning him out)
-Sepsi (the last time i heard about him, i heard that we're gettin rid of him)
-Makukula (we aint goin to use him and we wont use him next season, he just takin up space on our squad)
-Luisao (i believe we can get really good money for him, and acouple of EPL clubs are interested in him)
-Katsournis (i dont really want to see him leave, but he stated already that this was goin to be his last season at Benfica. This being said, i think Benfica should only sell him after the Euro cup because he usually preforms really well for his NT)
-Nuno Assis (i dont know what every1 else thinks, but i dont think we're goin to need him anymore)

And i dont think we'll ever get rid of Nuno Gomes and Petit, but i really hope Flores benches them more often especially Nuno Gomes
Latino_Heat
Latino_Heat

Number of posts : 155
Favourite Players : C.Ronaldo, Simao, Moutinho, Nani, Aguero, Coentrao, Ronaldinho, Di Maria
Supports : Portugal NT, SL Benfica, Atletico Madrid, Toronto FC
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Benfica squad over-haul - Who would you get rid of? Empty Re: Benfica squad over-haul - Who would you get rid of?

Post by Porkchop_Pryde Sat May 31, 2008 3:19 am

I agree with like everything you said

Get rid of

Luisao
Edcarlos
Luis Filipe
Leo (Though we are keeping him)
Katso
Binya (Loan)
Nuno Assis
Makakula (Unfortunutly theres no room for him with Gomes here)
Pereira
Rodriguez
Butt
Bergessio

I dunno who else im missing i wouldnt mind keeping Rodriguez and even Perreira he isnt bad but rodriguez wants to much money and i just kinda want to clean the house with just OK players!
Porkchop_Pryde
Porkchop_Pryde

Number of posts : 54
Favourite Players : Rui Costa, Eusebio, Quaresma, Simao, Nelson, Fernandes, Nani
Supports : S.L. Benfica, Belenenses, Guimereas, Braga, Man United,
Registration date : 2008-05-20

http://www.airtightdance.com

Back to top Go down

Benfica squad over-haul - Who would you get rid of? Empty Re: Benfica squad over-haul - Who would you get rid of?

Post by Latino_Heat Sat May 31, 2008 5:50 am

oh s**t i forgot about Perreira and Luis Filipe Laughing
Latino_Heat
Latino_Heat

Favourite Players : C.Ronaldo, Simao, Moutinho, Nani, Aguero, Coentrao, Ronaldinho, Di Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by DeJesus5 Sat May 31, 2008 1:49 pm

Go:
- Manu
- Luis Filipe
- Edcarlos
- Petit
- Makukula
- Pereira
- Butt
- Gomes

Ps...If Quique already knows he won't be using Adu this season then loan him out to like Maritimo or sumthin.
DeJesus5
DeJesus5
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 453
Favourite Players : Adu, Benzema, Ronaldo7, Rio, Kaká, Messi
Supports : Benfica & Man Utd
Registration date : 2008-05-18

https://extratime.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Latino_Heat Sat May 31, 2008 5:23 pm

man i used to really like Karagounis and would love to see him back..he just costed too much imo
Latino_Heat
Latino_Heat

Back to top Go down

Post by nobby Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:50 am

Players to leave:

Luís Filipe (No need to explain)
Edcarlos (Fonte would be a better option)
Luisao (only if an offer of 10+ comes in)
Katsouranis (only if an offer of 10+ comes in)
Nuno Assis (He is wank plus we could replacement him without too much trouble)
Rodriguez (Tough decision, but i think he should leave if we do get Buonanotte, so it gives Di Maria and Coentrao to opportunity to develop more)
Makakula (too much of a panic buy, and i cant see him fitting in with next seasons plans)
Nuno Gomes (Just waaaay past it now)

Loan:
Binya (Gotta be to a Portuguese team
Adu(only if there isnt enough room for him. Gotta be to a Portuguese team too)
nobby
nobby
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 262
Supports : Man United & Benfica
Registration date : 2008-05-18

https://extratime.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down