Extra Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The United formation.

2 posters

Go down

The United formation. Empty The United formation.

Post by Bel Mon May 19, 2008 5:48 am

The United formation has progressed a great deal over the past few seasons. There are many options, for example:

The 4-4-2, typical United formation:

Tevez - Rooney
Giggs - Scholes - Carrick - Ronaldo
Evra - Vidic - Ferdinand - Brown
VDS

Then you have the 4-5-1 (typically used in Europe):

Rooney
Giggs - Scholes - Carrick - Ronaldo
Hargreaves
Evra - Vidic - Ferdinand - Brown

*Giggs can be substituted for Nani, and Anderson can be subbed in for Scholes.

Many questions can be asked, and discussed in this thread as the seasons progress.

1 - Which formation do you prefer? And when?
2 - Experience or youth? When will Nani and/or Anderson take over Giggs & Scholes? What do we value most now, who should play more now?
Bel
Bel

Number of posts : 163
Favourite Players : Giggs, Scholes, Evra, Rio, Vidic, VDS, Brown, Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo.
Supports : MUFC | Portugal.
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

The United formation. Empty Re: The United formation.

Post by nobby Mon May 19, 2008 6:44 pm

I'd just go with the 4-4-2 just because that's when we are playing out our best imo. The balance is just right and the attacking flow runs through the side more freely. Even if we are playing the 'big' boys, i still think if we play the same way, then we'll play them off the park.

I think Nani will play a much more important role in the side next season, with Giggsy coming on in the last half hour of games, as an impact player.

The Anderson-Scholes situation is a toughy though. As we've witnessed Paul Scholes is far from declining unlike Giggs, but the emergence of Anderson this season has shown us just how good a player he is and can be, so i just don't know who i would pick. Hopefully they'll get their far share of games though.
nobby
nobby
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 262
Supports : Man United & Benfica
Registration date : 2008-05-18

https://extratime.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down